Guess what?! ReAwakened is here!
Someone asked me: “How do you feel now that it’s out?” and I thought I would address this in my release week post. Honestly, I’m feeling a huge range of emotions!
I’ve poured my heart and soul into the story and the characters, and I’m very happy with the outcome. I really wanted to deliver a full package by writing something fun, exciting, unique, lovable, and make my readers happy. In the end, there is no such thing as a “perfect” book—nor will there ever be—but I went into ReAwakened with so much love and excitement and left it knowing that I’ve told *my* perfect story. I hope that you enjoy reading it just as much as I enjoyed writing it!
I’m also very proud of the characters. I always strive to write about imperfect characters who need to learn and change along the way and I’m very happy with the growth that Dawn and the Misfits demonstrate in ReAwakened. Dawn, especially, doesn’t have an easy journey and is forced to learn a very hard lesson, one that will have her going into the next book as a reborn character. Are you as excited for this as I am? Nothing will ever be the same.
…from the countless late nights of writing and editing. I have very fond memories of greeting many sunrises with Dawn and Sebastian and of taking the Misfits to the cottage and trying to keep my laptop from falling in the lake while writing. I brought the Angel Creek gang along to many places in the world—they just refused to stay home and let me have any rest!
The funny thing is, I thought that I would never want to see my keyboard again by the time I was done with the final edits. However, I already find myself diving into my next projects (dare I say the “s”?): ReBook III (as I’ve taken to calling it until the official title announcement), a Contemporary NA novel (I’m already in love with the characters), and a super secret, fun project (I hope to announce sometime in March).
I’m so very grateful for the support of the fans. You guys inspire me so much and push me to be a better writer and a more creative storyteller. I’m thankful for every person who recommends the books to a friend, for every little Tweet about your love for Dawn, Sebastian, Razor, and the Misfits, every positive review that helps spread the word…everything that you do! No matter how busy I am, I always try my best to respond to emails and messages because I really love getting to know each and every one of you! Your support means the world, and that is why I’ve decided to dedicate ReAwakened to a special group of individuals who have gone above and beyond in their love for Angel Creek. PS: There is always time to get in on the team!
I also feel grateful for my family. If it wasn’t for them feeding me, I’m not sure that I would have even survived long enough to publish the book. I would’ve just resorted to eating chocolate all day long (which is something I did in the last weeks of editing, anyway). Now they just have to come up with some new recipes for ReBook III! On a more serious note, I am extremely lucky to be surrounded by such a supportive group of people. They’ve stuck by me not just during the high points of my life and career, but have also been along for the ride during all the lows. That, for me, is the true meaning of love.
On that note, my amazing Betas, and my editor Stevan Knapp and copy editor Jen Meyers require a big, loud shoutout. I don’t think that I can even find the words that will express how grateful I am for all of the hard work and care that each of them have put into making ReAwakened the best book that it can be. I feel like if I go on a mushy, gushy rant, my editor will just edit out all of my colorful adjectives anyway. So I’ll just liken them to sparkly unicorns floating on a fluffy cloud…Yes, they’re that awesome (and yes, I love MLP).
By the time I was in the fifth grade, I had already attended seven different schools. Not because I was troublemaker, mind you, but due to certain circumstances that required me to move around. A lot. I plan to tell this story eventually, but what I wanted to say with this is that, each time, it was a very nerve-racking experience to enter a new place, not knowing how other kids would react to me (especially being the new kid in the middle of the school year!)
I kind of have the same feeling when it comes to publishing ReAwakened, and I’m sure that every time I publish a new book, I’ll have a lot of nerves and “first day/week/month” jitters. Will anyone read it? Will they want to be its friend? At least ReAwakened has ReVamped and my previous lovely readers to show it the ropes. Thank you for being kind and inviting it to sit with you at the lunch table and introducing it to your friends! It means a lot!
I thought that the moment ReAwakened hit at least one retailer (the first one being Amazon Kindle – Kobo, B&N, and the print version are still to come), I would want to stay up all night and party and announce a million giveaways and rush off to get it into the bookstores in town and post some vlogs…and…and…and…! However, I’m suddenly overcome by an extreme case of exhaustion. I suffer from very serious anemia (much worse than any vampire, according to my doctor), but most of the time I suppress my tiredness and lack of energy and just push through (especially when it comes to my work). I think that this sudden tired feeling (dizziness and faintness, getting ill, etc.) is my body’s way of saying: “Take a day off! Just one day! Please!” and for once in my life, I may listen to it. Just for a day though, because I’m looking forward to announcing the many fun release month things that I have planned for you guys! Here’s a quick list of what’s to come.
- Book III Title Announcement! I know that some of you have been dying to know, but I’m thinking that we should make this fun and hold a “guess the title” contest on here, Facebook, and Twitter, and whoever the first person at each of the locations is to guess the name will win some prizes!
- 1000 Facebook Likes on http://www.facebook.com/revampedbook and 1000 Twitter Followers @Ada_Adams giveaway with print copies of ReVamped and ReAwakened up for grabs. Since it’s happening on both Facebook and Twitter, there will be double the chances to win.
- I have something very, very special coming my way sometime in December. I can’t wait to see it and share it with you! It has to do with Dawn and Sebastian! <3
- Blog Tour! The ReAwakened blog tour is happening all of December, so make sure to check out the stops. We’re holding a huge giveaway. I’m literally giving away everything I own that’s related to the series (books, posters, I <3 Sebastian, Razor, Hunter goodies—everything!) and many bloggers are also holding their own giveaways which is very, very sweet. At the end of the tour, I’ll make sure to add to the now-empty ReAwakened Praise section, so if you have an awesome review you wish to share, please send it to email@example.com.
- Website Revamp. The website/blog is getting a little makeover, so I’ll make sure to include a News and Giveaways Page where you guys can keep up with all the fun stuff going on, as well as actually launch some of the stuff I’ve been meaning to launch for ages (aka FAQ’s and the Angel Creek Vlog Channel). That being said, if you have any questions you’d like to see addressed, let me know! I already have a few videos ready to go about the characters, the ending, the setting, etc. Which scene in ReAwakened was actually inspired from real life experience?! You’ll never, ever get it! Oh, it wasn’t the pool scene with Sebastian, but keep dreaming!
- Giveaways! I still plan to party! Starting on Monday, I will be holding a blitz giveaway every day to celebrate the release (either on Facebook or on Twitter). The first one will be about fave RV/RA quotes, so get ready! Also, since most of the prizes have finally arrived, I will be shipping them out to the winners of the Scavenger Hunt—if you’ve won, you should have them in your mailbox sometime next week!
As you can see, the work never stops, but I wouldn’t have it any other way! I have so much passion for every aspect of my job and I love sharing the experience with you!
As a little token of my appreciation, I’m doing a mini-giveaway! Right here and right now! Comment on the following post and I’ll choose a random comment to win either an e-copy of ReAwakened or a big bag of goodies (your choice since some of you have already read the book)! *Closes: December 2nd, 11:59 p.m.*